Cell- The Unit of Life

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

Friday, May 30, 2008

Are you aware of your surroundings?



Objective: To identify the living (biotic) and non-living (abiotic) components of the environment.

Given here is a crossword puzzle. Read the clues and fill up the spaces, using one alphabet in each square to make words/terms that represent components of the environment. Then categorise these ten answers into living (biotic) and non-living (abiotic) components of the environment.




The clues:

1. I hold the roots and feed the plants
I house the earthworms, insects and ants!

2. Biotic factor am I
And cannot make my food No matter how hard I try!

3. I may be harsh and sometimes mild
Being abiotic factor temperature is my child!

4. I rise up and make you sweat I fall down,
you shiver like a clown.

5. Invisible as such, although so near
I set the curd
and a distant relative of mine May even cause fever!

6. In the cloud, on the land and under the boat,
Freeze me or heat me, I stay afloat.

7. To prepare food, I stand in the sun.
My kitchens are green, now guess this one.

8. A medium to fly and to stay afloat
You all need me, a plant or a goat.

9. I come at dawn and when the lamp is switched on.
I make the plants grow and even form the rainbow.

10. I make mountains, plateaus on land Parent of gravel, soil and sand.

Reinforcement: Identify at least three biotic and three abiotic components of:
A crop field
An pond/aquarium
A forest
A potted sunflower plant kept in the verandah

for answers, see the table at the end of the blog.


No comments:

Enviro nuggets

Answer search